Saturday, June 27, 2009

The summer of Woodstock

http://www.woodstockpreservation.org/woodstockpeacemusicmemories.htm

Twelve-year-old Chuck Early of Huntington Beach, California, remembers that his mom was sitting with a group of people playing guitar and just having fun. “She called me over to hug some lady, but I was a little embarrassed; she wasn’t wearing a shirt. Mom said it was ok, so I did. Much to my surprise, I had her muddy breast prints on my t-shirt, and all I knew was that I didn’t like the way it looked. I went straight to the first mud puddle I could find to get dirtier and cover it up. I really wasn’t much into girls yet, so that’s why I reacted the way I did. I wish I knew what I had. Janis Joplin’s boobs on my chest!”

RIP, Pearl. I am sure, you are the only angel who can sing hallelujah and it sounds like the blues.

No comments: